From 1st June 2020, we’re open again to the tourist market!
Our team are excited to announce that, from midnight Monday 1st June, we are able to open to the tourist market. So, pack your bags, hitch up the van, dust off the tent – we’re here to offer you a well-deserved change of scenery.
The good news is, while we’ve been closed to the tourist market, we’ve been sprucing up the park to ensure the health and safety of our guests.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
Updated 2nd June 2020
To ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff, we’ve made the following changes:
- Contactless check-in and check-out. No cash handling – Tap and Go payments only,
- Extra cleaning practices throughout the park, in the office and communal facilities *,
- Cleaning, maintenance and reception staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE), where applicable, and
- Social distancing rules will apply across the park with guests required to adhere to 1.5 metre distancing rule and one person per 4sqm, as recommended by the authorities.
* We’re sure you understand that, due to State Government restrictions, some communal areas around the park may not be open when you arrive. These rules are in place to protect the health of our guests and staff. These rules may change and we will therefore adapt accordingly.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 policies and procedures during this time, contact us on (02) 6280 6176 for more information.
Need a place to stay or accommodation in Grafton and the Clarence Valley?
We are still able to provide long and short term accommodation to members of the public and essential workers seeking a place to stay in the area.
This may include:
- essential workers who want and/or need to isolate themselves from family and housemates;
- persons working in the Grafton and the Clarence Valley area;
- travellers returning to their primary residence;
- persons who have no other place of permanent residence or whose primary place of residence is temporarily unavailable (i.e. grey nomads, etc);
- persons whose domestic situation may be considered unsafe;
- existing permanent residents of the caravan park or camping ground; and
- persons who may be visiting one of the above.
Our self-contained cabins are the perfect home-away-from-home for anyone falling into the categories listed above. You can stay for a few days, a couple of weeks or months – the choice is yours. Best of all, you can walk straight in to comfortable, fully-furnished accommodation with all the facilities from home. No bond needed. Simply bring your own linen and we provide the rest.
IMPORTANT: Visitors must fall within the NSW Government’s strict guidelines and evidence confirming your intent will need to be provided to our staff before your booking is accepted. At this time we are NOT open to tourists or the leisure travel market.
If you are unsure whether you fall into one of the categories above, please contact us direct for clarification. We’re here to help!
Supplying evidence of your travel intent
Should you be seeking to stay with us at Big River Holiday Park, you must contact us beforehand as legislation requires that all tourist park visitors supply information about their circumstances. For this reason, we insist that visitors not just ‘front up’ to the park as your situation may not fall within State Government requirements and we will have no alternative but to turn you away.
Travelling for pleasure?
No caravan or holiday park in NSW is allowed to legally open to tourists or people seeking a quick getaway at this time. We are only above to legally accommodated guests falling into the categories outlined above and, unfortunately, if you cannot supply evidence pertaining to this then your request will be rejected.